Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Positive Healing

Today my energy has been the lowest since the actual surgery.  I felt tired and lazy and did not want to do anything besides sit in front of the television.  I wondered if this was just some sort of inertia or if it was a real side effect of the surgery.  Maybe I was feeling sorry for myself for the pain in my throat, or maybe I was just bored.  I decided that I would go outside anyway!  I dragged my butt out the door and walked to the local pharmacy for Ensure and Vitamin Water.  It was so nice to be outside.  When I get outside in the fresh air and the natural light I feel normal.  I can forget that I am home from work on Sick Leave and enjoy the great outdoors!! 


This afternoon I read an article about the the power of Positive Thinking and it's link to healing.  I am going to make it a priority to remember this and stay as positive as I can.  Still, I won't hide any feelings or symptoms here. I really do want to paint a real picture of what this whole process has been like for me.  I was so scared and unsure, but at this point, I wouldn't turn back.  I know that I've made the right decision and I know that in time I will heal and I will be even better than I was before!  If I do have other physical problems later I will try to make the best of what I do have and learn from each and every experience I come across.  To quote an old cliche, Life is Short and so I will do my very best to make the most of it! 


I will also lean on my friends.  The support that I have found in the past few weeks has been amazing, from phone calls, to texts, to e-mails, to visits, to cards and gifts, and facebook support.  I had initially kept most of this process very private and dealt with everything alone.  Then I decided that I was really scared, so I admitted it and I reached out to my friends and family and I can not express how glad I am that I did.  Everyone has truly been so amazing!  Thanks so much to each and every one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment