Monday, March 14, 2011

A Surgery Date

I go back and forth and back and forth.  Finally I decide that I will do it and I forget about it.  I wait to hear about a surgery date.   I move on with my life.  I enjoy the summer and forget about my thyroid.  I do wonder a little bit, why I haven’t heard about a date.  Maybe they forgot about me?  Maybe I won’t have to think about it again. 

Finally, as I am planning a quick vacation for a family wedding, I decide that I should touch base with the surgeon.  They said that the surgery date would be in October.  At this point it is October and I haven’t heard anything from them.  I can’t reach him but 2 days later I receive a message on my phone that they have a date.  The date is in 2 weeks.  Really!!!!  I have waited months for this date and now I have only 2 weeks, to find someone to care for my kids, someone to replace me at work and 2 weeks to mentally prepare for this!!  All while on vacation and trying to participate in a wedding!  I politely decline the date and tell them that I need more warning.  They caution that the next date won’t be until the New Year.  I tell them that I understand and begin the waiting again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment